Dan's Campaign of Adventure
- And a handy form fillable character sheet with room for spells is here
Basic rules are here: D&D Basic Rules
The Roll20 Compendium with searchable info on races, classes, equipment, etc. is here
- Have fun!
No undermining other characters: Adventurers are brought together by common cause, and during an adventure, they’re expected to work together to overcome challenges. Though certain characters or alignments might find others distasteful, individuals will put that aside and become a team when put in dangerous situations. In short, play nice with each other when things get deadly.
We'll follow the steps in the Players Handbook (p. 11-15) to create your character, with these added options:
Choose a race - Pick any race in the Players Handbook or one of these:
Aarakocra - Sequestered in high mountains atop tall trees, the aarakocra, sometimes called birdfolk, evoke fear and wonder.
Deep Gnome – Forest gnomes and rock gnomes are the gnomes most commonly encountered in the lands of the surface world. Deep gnomes, also known as svirfneblin, are guarded and suspicious of outsiders, cunning and taciturn, but can be just as kind-hearted, loyal, and compassionate as their surface cousins.
Genasi - Those who think of other planes at all consider them remote, distant realms, but planar influence can be felt throughout the world. It sometimes manifests in beings who, through an accident of birth, carry the power of the planes in their blood. The genasi are one such people, the offspring of genies and mortals.
Goliath - At the highest mountain peaks dwell the reclusive goliaths. Goliaths wander a bleak realm of rock, wind, and cold. Their bodies look as if they are carved from mountain stone and give them great physical power.
Choose a class - Pick a class in the Players Handbook or one of these:
- Artificer – Makers of magic-infused objects, artificers are defined by their inventive nature, and they focus on creating marvelous new magical objects.
- Barbarian - in addition to the PH, new options for primal path: Path of the Ancestral Guardian, Path of the Storm Herald, and Path of the Zealot
- Bard - in addition to the PH, more bard options here and new Bard Colleges
- Cleric - in addition to the PH, new divine domain options: Forge, Grave, and Protection
- Druid – in addition to the PH, new Druid Circle and Wild Shape options
- Fighter – in addition to the PH, options include Cavalier, Scout and Monster Hunter and new martial archetypes for 3rd level fighters: Arcane Archer, Knight, Samurai, Sharpshooter
- Monk – in addition to the PH, new Monastic Tradition options: the Way of the Kensei and the Way of Tranquility
- Mystic – a mystic draws on the power of psionics — the energy of the mind — to create powerful effects
- Paladin - in addition to the PH, new paladin Sacred Oaths: Oath of Conquest and Oath of Treachery
- Ranger - in addition to the PH, new ranger options to consider are here
- Warlock - in addition to the PH, new Otherworldly Patron: The Seeker
Wizard - in addition to the PH, new Arcane Tradition: Theurgy
Choose a character background
You may get inspiration when you role play your background. Choose one and feel free to embellish as much as you want:
- Background option #1 – Choose a background specific to this adventure. These are limited to one per character. If you want one of these, e-mail everyone else to let them know you've grabbed it.
- Background option #2 – Or you can choose a general background from the Players Handbook (p. 125-141):
- Acolyte (Player's Handbook p127)
- Charlatan (Player's Handbook p128)
- Criminal (Player's Handbook p129)
- Entertainer (Player's Handbook p130)
- Folk Hero (Player's Handbook p131)
- Guild Artisan (Player's Handbook p132)
- Hermit (Player's Handbook p134)
- Noble (Player's Handbook p135)
- Outlander (Player's Handbook p136)
- Sage (Player's Handbook p137)
- Sailor (Player's Handbook p139)
- Soldier (Player's Handbook p140)
- Urchin (Player's Handbook p141)
- Background option #3 – Or choose a background specific to the Sword Coast:
- City Watch (Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide p145)
- Clan Crafter (Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide p145)
- Cloistered Scholar (Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide p146)
- Courtier (Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide p146)
- Faction Agent (Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide p147)
- Far Traveler (Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide p148)
- Haunted One (Bonus background)
- Inheritor (Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide p150)
- Knight of the Order (Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide p151)
- Mercenary Veteran (Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide p152)
- Urban Bounty Hunter (Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide p153)
- Uthgardt Tribe Member (Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide p153)
- Waterdhavian Noble (Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide p154)
- Background option #4 – Or make up your own background (see Players Handbook p. 125 for tips)